March 21, 2016 at 9:00 AM
The Aeroplan Pension Communication Representative positions are appointed for a three-year term in accordance with the Unifor Local 2002 Bylaws. We are currently receiving applications to fill a vacancy for Aeroplan District 104 in Vancouver.
The Aeroplan Pension Communication Committee acts as a liaison between the company and the members of the plan, and is required to work with the Aeroplan bargaining committee.
The duties of the Pension Communication Representatives are:
- To promote awareness and understanding of the plan among Unifor members
- To review, at least once every year, the financial, actuarial and administrative aspects of the plan and other such administrative duties as presented by the applicable pension legislation and/or the administrator
- To provide support and information to the Aeroplan Bargaining Committee, and other duties as may be specified by the plan or Unifor Local 2002
- The duties will not include amending the provisions of the plan
- Must be a Unifor Local 2002 member in good standing
- Knowledge of pension plans is an asset
- Requires a commitment to share information and communicate with members
- Willing to attend a minimum of two meetings per year and be able to travel
Interested members should send a resume and cover letter outlining their particular experience in the area of Pensions and the reasons for applying for the position. Applications should be received no later than 13:00 EST Monday, April 4, 2016
. Only qualified applicants will be interviewed. Please mail, fax or email your statement of qualifications and cover letter to Unifor Local 2002:
Attn: Kerry Turner
Re: Aeroplan Pension Communication Representative position
5-7015 Tranmere Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L5S 1M2
Fax: (905) 678-0100 / (866) 635-5956
The term of office ends December 31, 2018.