December 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM
Last night, your Envoy Bargaining Committee held ratification/strike vote meetings in Toronto, at the Sheraton Gateway hotel.
Sixty-eight percent of the Envoy membership turned out to attend this ratification/strike meeting and to vote on a new collective agreement. The ballots have been counted and the majority of membership have said yes to their new agreement.
Envoy members have been working with an expired collective agreement since March 18, 2017. The new three-year agreement will be in effect until March 18, 2020.
Highlights of the New Envoy Collective Agreement:
- Wage Increase: two percent wage increase for each of the three years: 2017,2018, and 2019
- Members who are replaced as Lead due to shift trades or other reasons will be paid Lead premium of $1.50 per hour.
- Members will have the ability to convert their Statutory holidays for an additional two weeks vacation
- Vacation reconciliation will be completed for those members entitled to four and five weeks of vacation
- Vacation can be taken in conjunction with days off
- Part-time shifts: sixty percent (60 %) of part-time shifts will be scheduled at least five hours per day, and this could increase to seventy five percent (75) if required
- Recall rights has increased to 24 months
- Leave of Absences has increased to 180 days
To our Envoy members, the Committee would like to thank you for your ongoing support throughout the negotiations and for participating in the ratification/strike process.
For further information, please contact: Ashley Watkins
, Assistant to the Local President