July 10, 2017 at 7:00 AM
Reporting to the President of Unifor 2002, the Communications Coordinator will utilize their applicable skills and experience to carry out the requirements of the position.
- Previous Union experience and a demonstrated commitment preferred
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for print and digital products
- Ability to devise strong communications strategies for on going projects and campaigns
- Deliver high quality material under tight deadlines
- Multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Available outside of regular business hours
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- English essential – French as asset
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- HTML and web-based content management systems (CMS)
- Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Design and produce bulletins for Bargaining Committees, Health and Safety, Human Rights, Pride Caucus and others as required
- Provide information and material for government lobbying campaigns
- Produce and manage website content; e-news communiques, electronic news lists
- Produce and analyze online membership surveys
- Layout and design of yearly calendar
- Manage email accounts for Unifor 2002 users
- Ensure that identity and branding is maintained and used throughout Unifor 2002
- Fielding media inquiries and reply to requests for information
- Make recommendations to the Executive Board on communications needs including technical equipment and network modifications and provide Information Technology Support
All members of Unifor 2002 in good standing may apply. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
July 21, 2017 (1200 EST).
Starting salary range $58,00.00 - $70,000.00 based on experience and qualifications.
Please note that the successful candidate will have a six (6) month probationary period.
DOWNLOAD THE ANNOUNCEMENT
/17-07-10 Unifor 2002 communicaitons posting HTML en.txt