March 12, 2008 at 12:00 AM
We are pleased to announce that Local 2002
members at Hilton Hotel in Saint John, New Brunswick have ratified their first
collective agreement. The Bargaining Committee should be commended for their
diligent efforts as members of this unit are divided into nine distinctive
Highlights of the agreement
- Most classifications to see hourly raises of
14% to 19% over the 3 years of the contract.
- Extra floating holiday.
- Lead rate of pay for members who are requested
to train others while on the job.
- Sick-time language stating that doctor’s notes
will not be required until 3 days absence. Company to pay for the notes if
requested up to a maximum of $100.00.
- New Grievance procedure and Arbitration
- Gratuities split so that the union staff
percentage will be higher than current amount. The split will go from 50/50 to
a 65/35 spilt by 2010.
- Paid educational leave (PEL) was bargained. An
amount of $3,000.00 over life of the agreement has been agreed to.
The Hilton Hotel Bargaining Committee