October 17, 2017 at 2:15 PM
Reporting to the Secretary Treasurer of Unifor Local 2002, the Bookkeeper will utilize their qualifications, skills and work experience to perform the requirements of this position. This full-time position is located at the Mississauga office and requires a resourceful and highly organized individual.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Conduct day-to-day bookkeeping responsibilities
- Assist the Accountant with recording, reconciling and auditing accounting data
- Collect and collate accounting materials for the Accountant to post into the general ledger in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Review all incoming expense reports and invoices, ensuring all supporting documentation is complete
- Prepare cheques for mailing, and collate and file the supporting documentation
- Create invoices for third party reimbursables
- Coordinate all receipts and authorizations for items charged to the Union credit cards
- Record and monitor Union dues payments and the collection of receivables
- Prepare bank deposit slips for the Accountant
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain financial and operational files
- Manage accurate paper trail on all transactions for audit purposes
- Complete and perform other related duties as required
- Previous experience in bookkeeping
- Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures is required
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in accounting or bookkeeping
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and QuickBooks
- Understanding of non-profit community based programs and services
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Aptitude for detailed work with numerical data
- Ability to work independently
Posting is open to all members of Unifor Local 2002 in good standing. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a resume to email@example.com no later than October 31st, 2017, (12:00 EST).
Starting Salary range $37,000 - $42,000 per annum based on experience and qualifications.
Please note: the successful candidate will have a six (6) month probationary period.
/17-07-17 Bookkeeping posting HTML en.txt