June 23, 2017 at 3:30 PM
Unifor Local 2002 is pleased to announce that the Perimeter Aviation Flight Attendants have ratified their first Unifor collective agreement by 81 per cent.
Ratification meetings at the Victoria Inn were well attended on June 22, 2017, and members had until the morning of June 23 to complete the voting process.
Negotiated gains include:
• Wage increases
• Additional wage increases based on flight hours
• Increases to per diems
• Detailed grievance and arbitration process
• General improvement to working conditions
• Detailed language around Thompson and Sioux Lookout bases
• Percentage cap on part-time utilization
• Additional sick time
• Significant improvements to language on spare coverage
• Leave of absence language
• Right of representation relative to investigatory meetings and discipline
• Detailed processes pertaining to layoff, recall and filling of vacancies, etc.
The company wanted to claw back on some of the existing language that dealt with issues such as one weekend off per month, unrestricted caps on the number of part-time employees, etc. The Union held steadfast to ensure such items were not diluted.
“Congratulations!” said Unifor 2002 President, Euila Leonard. “The future is exciting for the Perimeter Flight Attendants. This first collective agreement sets a solid foundation to build upon. The support the membership provided to the committee has been outstanding. I would like to thank the members, the Bargaining Committee, the National Representative and the Assistant to the Local President for their hard work and support.”
The term of the agreement is June 23, 2017 to June 23, 2021
Your Unifor 2002 Bargaining Committee:
Kaitlin Gedeon, Bargaining Committee Representative
Cody Klassen, Bargaining Committee Representative
Ashley Watkins, Assistant to the Local President
Euila Leonard, Unifor 2002 President
Gina Smoke, National Representative