December 3, 2016 at 9:34 PM
Following ratification meetings held December 2 in Calgary, District 240 members at Airport Terminal Services (ATS) have ratified their collective agreement by 90 per cent.
The new 3-year agreement is in effect from August 1, 2016 until July 31, 2019 and brings significant gains to the membership at ATS.
Some of the highlights bargained include:
- Monetary gains of 1.5% in year 1 and 2 and 2% in year 3
- GSE mechanics, apprentice and parts person now join wage progression
- Additional classification bringing new work to this unit
- Increase to their footwear allowance to $125.00 annually
- Increase in their tool allowance to $350.00 annually for GSE mechanics
“The ATS-YYC bargaining committee is to be commended for their diligence and determination that is reflected in this progressive collective agreement,” says Local 2002 President Cheryl Robinson. “It is only through solidarity that we make gains and I would like to thank the membership for the support they have shown the bargaining committee throughout this process.”