February 2, 2021 at 12:00 PM
Unifor Local 2002 is seeking to fill one (1) vacancy for the JTS Pension Council Representative position. This position is an appointed position, the term of office ends on August 31, 2022, and will be subject to review at that time.
Pension Council Representatives act as a liaison between the Company and the Unifor members of the plan and are required to work with the District Chairs and Bargaining Committee. The duties of the Pension Representatives do not include amending the provisions of the Plan. Time off will be granted on an ad hoc basis.
The duties of the Pension Representatives are as follows:
- to promote awareness and understanding of the Plans among Unifor members;
- to review, at least once every year, the financial, actuarial, and administrative aspects of the Plans;
- such other administrative duties as are presented by the applicable Pension legislation and/or the administrator;
- to provide support and information to the District Chairs and Bargaining Committee; and
- such other duties as may be specified by the Plans or Unifor.
- must be a JTS Unifor member in good standing from Local 2002
- should have an interest in Pension benefits. Knowledge of pension plans is an asset
- requires a commitment to share information and communicate with members
- willing to attend one or two Pension Council meetings per year and be able to travel.
Any JTS Unifor member in good standing interested in applying should send a cover letter and resume outlining their reasons for applying along with their experience in the area of Finances/Pensions no later than Tuesday, February 16, 2021, by 1200 noon EST.
The successful candidate will report to the President of Local 2002. Only qualified applicants will be interviewed. Please mail, fax, or email your statement of qualifications and cover letter to: Unifor Local 2002 – JTS Pension Council Representative
Attention: Kerry Turner
7015 Tranmere Drive, Unit 5
Fax: (905) 678-0100 / (866) 635-5956